Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

april showers...

Wahoo, April updates are here!






Mickenson:
“Mickenson loves to cuddle. The times when he is sitting in someone’s lap are the rare moments when he is content to quietly sit still... He loves to climb and jump and does not hesitate to lead the group in active play.  The children are enjoying using a new soccer net donated by Wanguet's family and have been learning how to kick a soccer ball as their recess activity."

"Mickenson's writing skills continue to improve as he works on his letters in school.  Mickenson is currently learning conversational phrases in English and reciting a weekly Bible verse which he is also learning in English."

"Mickenson is growing anxious to meet his adoptive mother. He asks what her name is often and hopes to receive a photo album when she comes to visit him. [I promise little man, I am coming (with photo book in hand)!!!] When asked if Mickenson had a special message for his family, he asked if he could give toys to the other children. When asked what kinds of toys he wanted to share, he looked up into the sky and said ‘Trees. Birds.’”

What a fabulous idea, I now want to share trees and birds with my friends too!


Ashley:
“Ashley continues to thrive on individual attention. He loves to run with toys in his hands and grows excited when he is chased. He is particularly fond of his big brother and smiles when Mickenson enters the room.” :) I am so glad that they have each other. Mickenson's report also said that he wanted to make sure Ashley was going to be a part of our new family too. Love.

“Ashley continues to enjoy his family photos on the wall and likes to place his hand on them while he is looking at them.”

They included the following in both boys' reports...

“The President elect was announced on April 5, 2011. The older children were in the school room when they heard Auntie Elta shouting on the phone outside. Ten faces peeked around the corner to see Auntie Elta calling to the other aunties that Michel Martelly is president. The children ran outside to dance with Auntie Elta and Auntie Kettly as they sang “Michel Martelly Prezidan!” Auntie Evorse was at the top of the outdoor crèche steps throwing Carlo into the air and dancing with him while the infants and toddlers were peering over the patio with their Aunties who shouted over the crèche wall to those on the other side that Michel Martelly is President. There was great commotion and excitement in Kenscoff with this news.”

I love how they so vividly described such an impactful and exciting event. :)

They received the last and final document needed for my boys' paperwork at last!  This means we can start the process of waiting on the IBESR (Haitian Child and Family Services department) - hurry up and wait right.  I will be heading back down to Haiti in two weeks to visit the boys and file my I-600. I am excited beyond expression!!! Thank you so much to everyone who has given me items for the kids down there, I will take LOTS of pictures.


5 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Our file only took 2 1/2 months in IBESR! hopefully your luck will be similar! Love the report, chicka! :)

Amanda said...

Im so excited for you! I would love to send something with you for the kids, & I also want to buy some ofthose flowers if they are still aailable?! Will you email me if they are & I will call you to get some stuff to ya shortly! Love ya, amanda (Yates)finlayson

Emily said...

We can't wait to see some pictures of you with the boys!

Marci said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! :) Did I mention already that I love this. JK. I check frequently to see the updates on your boys. :)

Heather Anne said...

These posts never disappoint! I am in tears as usual. I just can't wait for your boys to arrive!!!!! Love you and your family so much!

Post a Comment