Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

march update...



mick:

“Mickenson made a new art project this month. He chose the color yellow with great thought and made sure his finished product would be sent to Mama. While looking at his photos of Mama and London, he asked what Mama’s name was and smiled as he repeated the name Natalie.”     oh my gosh :)

“Mickenson has an engaging smile when he is playing. He has more energy than time allows him to burn but that doesn’t stop him from trying! He loves to receive individual attention and to have his hand held. Mickenson lingers near adults seeking a lap in which he can cuddle. He is a very affectionate child who folds into one’s embrace and will remain there for long periods of time.”     Ok, I am freaking ready to cuddle with this little man.
 
 
ash:
“Ashley is learning the difference between throwing toys in-front of himself and throwing them at other children.” (haha) “Ashley loves to be by your side. He will bring toys to show you and will follow you from room to room. He loves to be chased and will giggle in delight as he runs and then turns to be sure you are chasing him. He also enjoys chasing after toys and bringing them back.”

“Ashley likes to look at the photo of his Mama on the wall.”


I am so very grateful for the women who create these reports, take time to send me photos of my boys and capture their cute little hand prints.  It is a remarkable gift, when I can't be there to watch them grow myself. 


It looks like I will be heading back down to Haiti in May!!! I am thrilled, so excited to see the boys and to keep things moving with the US immigration stuff. I will be filing an I-600 immigration form down in Port-au-Prince for the boys during this trip. The I-600 is a petition to classify an orphan as an immediate relative. It is a bit of a process (understatement), so I am glad to get it started sooner rather than later.  Things are moving, and that is good...

On an informational note, it looks like the political climate in Haiti may be changing? Round two of voting for a new President in Haiti took place on March 20, 2011. It appears that Michel Martelly, a Haitian pop star, won the election, although the official results won't come out until next week.  I don’t really know much about politics, especially down in Haiti. But it would be nice to see any sort of change down there.

Also, several people have asked me if there are things the orphanages need that they can send down there.  Right now, they are in need of childrens' vitamins (not the gummy kind though because they melt in the million degree weather), cloth diapers, plastic diaper covers, wipes and lotion.  If you have any of these things that you might like to send down with me, just let me know.

4 comments:

SydneyMin said...

Beautiful boys. I love that they are already getting attached to you and London :)

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

This makes me so excited for you!! Do you know the exact dates you will be traveling?

Heather Anne said...

Oh Natalie I love this!!!!
Oh those precious little hand prints just melt my heart. Can't wait for you to cuddle with your little boys. Love to you, L, Mick and Ash <3

Emily said...

I just barely found out you are adopting. Your boys are SO CUTE! Nick and I are praying for things to go smoothly for you. Have a great trip in May.

Post a Comment