Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

mickenson

No updates on the boys in December. In case you hadn’t heard, the initial November elections in Haiti did not go well. There was severe rioting enough to shut down the city and the airport for weeks. Subsequent elections have now been postponed indefinitely. So, the wonderful woman who creates our monthly reports was not able to travel through Port-au-Prince up to the orphanage. I swear there is no peace in this country. Given the lack of update, I decided to post this picture of Mickenson taken about a year ago, right after the earthquake.




This is the first picture I ever saw of him. Peeking his eyes open while praying over a bowl of soup. I was with my friend Heather at the time and looking through Ty’s pictures of the orphanages he was helping at. I looked at this picture and told Heather that I seriously wanted to adopt one of these kids. “I would take that little boy right there.” Little did I know that Gina would specifically choose me for him 9 months later. We went and saw Alice In Wonderland that night, me, London, Heather, and her daughter Krystian (London’s BEST friend). I couldn’t sit through the movie without thinking about it the entire time. I felt giddy. It has been almost a year now, and I still feel just as giddy. :)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love this pic. I think he was praying that you would pick him. Lucky little boy.

Post a Comment