Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

our haitian babies?

So, I guess I should have entitled this blog our haitian babies, because we have been matched... with 2. Aaaahhhh! I got news on Tuesday that Gina had matched us with a sibling group, 2 little brothers, the older one is 3 (named Mickenson) and the little one just turned 1 (named Ashley). Of course I naturally assumed Gina had become a raging alcoholic and must have been horribly inebriated when she concluded on this match for me. But, after my initial shock, I took some time to think about it.

Gina did not give me any information on the boys at first. She said she wanted me to think about it for a while because she knew that I was only looking for one child and I should give it some serious thought and decide if it was something I thought I would want to do and something I could handle. After an intense 24 hour deliberation with much thought and prayers from me and my family (and I will admit, initial absolute denial on my part, there was no way I could do this financially or logistically), I knew it was right. I am so excited! I have no idea how I am going to do this, but I am so excited! After I let them know that I was ready to move forward, they told me that the information on the boys, their pictures etc. would probably take at least a week before they would be able to send it to me. About 15 minutes later, they sent me all the info. They are soooooooo freaking cute!!!

As thrilled as I am, I think London is even more. She cannot believe she is going to have 2 brothers (clearly she does not know the full ramifications of such an addition), but she is stoked out of her mind!

The most amazing thing to me is that the very first picture I saw at the beginning of all of this, while looking through my friend Ty's orphanage pictures, was of Mickenson praying over a bowl of soup and peeking his eyes open during the prayer. :) I vividly remember looking at the little boy in the picture and deciding that it was finally time for me to adopt and get down there. I just cannot believe it. On my first trip, I played with him and even have several pictures I took of him!

These first two pictures are the ones sent to me from the orphanage with all of the boys' information. The last 3 are pictures I actually took on my first trip out there!


Mickenson

Mickenson and Ashley (I am dying for more photos of Ashley)

Mickenson in the yellow woody woodpecker shirt!

how cute is he???


Mickenson again in the yellow, look at those lips.


I just know that this match would not have taken place so soon if I had not been able to meet with Gina last weekend during my whirlwind trip. And the fact that I was able to meet up with her at all was nothing short of miraculous. But I will fill you in on all of that next time!

I have two little boys!!!

12 comments:

Marci said...

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH! I cannot possibly express to you how excited I am for you and your expanding family. I have chills and tears in my eyes. :) We love you two and are excited to meet your two precious little boys. I believe that your decision to adopt WHILE looking at the picture of Mickenson is NO coincidence.

Sara said...

Oh, Nann, they are absolutely beautiful! You are going to be the best mom of 3! I can't believe it, what a shock... like the doctor just told you that you're pregnant with twins, eh? Crazy!! Call me sometime, we need to chat! I hope it all continues to go well. Love you! Good luck!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

I am SO glad that such an unbelievable miracle came out of your dastardly Haiti trip. CONGRATS, you gorgeous girl! This is FANTASTIC news!!! I can't wait to hear more details and see more pics! When are you going to go down again??

Sydney said...

Natalie, I am so THRILLED for you and London!!! I really believe you have made the right decision. Now, you just keep working and doing all you can, and the rest will work out. What a great family you all will be! Love!! Sydette

Becky said...

So I am crying right now after reading this!!! SO happy for you!! They are two of the cutest little bugs I have ever seen. I cannot wait to meet them. Isn't it funny how everything happens for a reason? Congrats Mama!

Whitney said...

I am just so overjoyed---they are two LUCKY little boys to have you as their mom! You did it, Nat--we are so happy for you and can help out as much as possible! We love you!

Liz Mangrum said...

Absolutely amazing how things happen...not by coincidence for sure, but a real miracle in your life! I think Heavenly Father has been preparing you for these two for awhile now. The ages of the two boys fit in beautifully with their older sister! Think she'll teach them a thing or two??!!

natalie and london said...

Oh I love you all so much! You just have absolutely no idea how much your love and support means. I definitely could not be doing this if it weren't for my friends and family. Thank you so much. I am so excited!!!!

SydneyMin said...

Oh wow, I'm a late-comer to this party. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! They are so beautiful. Wow. Lovely little boys. It seems perfect for you and London :) I know no boys will be loved more. Congratulations!!!

Heather Anne said...

Awe.... I can't help but smile every time I think about all of this! From the picture of Mickenson peeking during prayer up til now... priceless memories! I so cannot wait to meet your sweet boys!!!

The 3 Nomads said...

Wow Nat! Congrats!! They are beautiful and I am so excited for you all :) I can't wait to meet them. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Nat-Nat! I am waiting for more details!! Did you get an update or any news yet??

Post a Comment