Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

good news and not-so-good news...

Alright.  Good news first.  This is the email I received two weeks ago from the United States embassy:

Dear Ms. Benson,

Please be informed that the I-600 petitions you filed at this office for the above orphans have been approved. Your case has been transferred to the Adoption Unit of the Consular Section for the visa process.  This completes all action by this service on the petitions.  The Consular Section will soon contact you to follow up on your case.

Regards,
Department of Homeland Security

U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Embassy
Tabarre 41Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Yes!  The last freaking approval, done!  Right?  Nope.  Apparently, some procedure has changed and now the medical check-ups that the boys need to get their U.S. visas can't be done until after the I-600 approval.  Unfortunately I was not privy to this vital piece of information.  Up until now these check-ups were already done before the I-600 approval.  Not only that, but they must be completed by U.S. certified doctors.  And all of those doctors were home in the good old U.S.of A. for the holidays.  So, long story short, I was told it would be another month (around the middle of January) until we could travel to pick up the boys.

I know in the grand scheme of things, a month really isn't that long.  But, it is kind of like being 9 months pregnant (or 15 in my case) and you are all set to have that baby but the Dr. says you have to wait another 5 weeks.

I had a minor meltdown.  Regrouped.  And I am now patiently waiting for a freaking medical check-up date so we can get our freaking visa appointment and pick up my freaking kids!

Freak!

4 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Freak is right! A month is like 10 YEARS when you're on the final adoption marathon stretch. IT SUCKS. But you're almost there. Hold your breath! I can't wait to hear the 100% good news!!!

SydneyMin said...

Bummer :( I was looking at my Christmas tree and thinking it was too bad the boys didn't get to spend Christmas with you guys. But next Christmas they'll be ALL YOURS!

Whitney said...

Lame. But you can do it! I can't wait to see them!! Thanks for keeping us updated---we will be praying for all of you!

Marci said...

Thank you for the update. I pray every day that your wait will end soon. HUGS!

Post a Comment